Saturday, January 22, 2011

A Recipe and a Weird Kid

I love veggies, and this recipe is super yummy, super easy, and comes in at about 110 calories per cup. Your welcome!

Veggie Salad
1 cup diced onion
1 cup diced celery
1 cup diced pepper (any color, I used red to make it pretty)
1 can corn
1 can peas
2 cans french cut green beans
1 cup Splenda
1/3 cup oil
3/4 cup vinegar
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper

Mix it all together, except peas and beans. Add them at the very end b/c if you stir them too much, they get all smushy. Ewww. Refrigerate.



Anyway, I have to share a little bit about my 2-year-old son, Cooper, who really is a hilarious kid. He is often referred to as being very animated. Pictures do him no justice whatsoever. He is sitting in his bed as I type this, singing and laughing in the pitch black dark without a toy anywhere near him. This crazy, bubbly kid does, however, have a phobia that makes absolutely no sense. He is terrified of stuffed animals. It doesn't matter if the stuffed animal is huge or the size of a baby mouse. It doesn't matter if it's a creepy dragon or a cuddly kitten. He hates them.
He was so afraid of a bag of beanie babies at my Mom's house yesterday. I wish I had taken pictures of his horror. (LOL, is that mean?) Just so you could see what I mean. Pictures are important (tell that to the people who make the Publix grocery ads. UGH! ).
He does have one stuffed "animal" that he loves more than life itself. It is particularly hilarious because I personally think it is very creepy. It's Cooper's BFF. Check them out...







And just for fun, here is a picture of Spiderman Cooper in heels, walking the line at a sobriety check point.




1 comment: